Thanks to the bloggers at Teaching Science Today who share these “Top 10 Tips for Those Starting Teaching in September:
- Use your summer to rest and improve subject knowledge
- Make well being targets.
- Radiators (energy givers) and drains (energy takers)
- Don’t be blinkered.
- Get the objectives right
- Find the right shoulder to cry on
- Practice activities/experiments before delivering them.
- Professional persona
- Get to know people around the school
- Learn to love it
A great list to review and practice even for those of us who have been teaching for a decade or more!